Jpg doesn't work

Previous topic - Next topic

Qedo

Hello everyone
I have a problem with GLB steam version 16793 win 10 which didn't exist until 15 days ago and therefore shouldn't be a bug.
It happened that win10 got corrupted and I had to reinstall the OS and also Glbasic by downloading correctly from Steam.
From that moment on, any glbasic program no longer recognizes jpg files, only png and bmp.
   name_jpg$="D:/greg66.jpg"
   IF DOESFILEEXIST(name_jpg$)
      LOADSPRITE name_jpg,10
      DRAWSPRITE 10,0,0
      GETSPRITESIZE 10,ssx,ssy // result ssx=0 and ssy=0
      SHOWSCREEN
      MOUSEWAIT
   endif
With this example program nothing is displayed
Anyone have any ideas?
PS with Glbasic15 no problem everything works

dreamerman

hm.. is there some mismatch in Steam version of code editors? Proper latest version should be 16.927, but when you run it from Steam it launches ver 16.793 - is that only spelling error or wrong exe included.
Try launching standalone editor - Steam - show local files - run EditorE.exe (it should show proper version number), check if loading jpg is still an issue.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Qedo

it's true dreamerman if I launch
EditorE.exe           ----> GLBasic IDE, Version: 16.927
GLBasicEditorE.exe    ----> GLBasic IDE, Version: 16.793

however in both cases jpg is not recognized

dreamerman

hm.. on my PC loading jpg's on every GLB/editor version works properly, tried different projects and jpg files, redownloaded GLBasic from Steam again and can't replicate the issue.
Can you attach any complete even basic project that can't load jpgs (maybe even with final *exe file to compare)? All jpg's are causing the problem? Did you tried resaving them with some editor like Paint.Net / GIMP?

Qedo

dreamerman
Thanks for your help
I attach the complete project

edit:
I sent you the project but there is a writing error
DRAWSPRITE 10,0,0 must be DRAWSPRITE 0,0,0

however this is not the problem I have, I still don't see the jpgs

dreamerman

All included jpg files are loaded and displayed correctly. As you have fresh install of Windows can this be some OS realated thing? Like Defender rules, or SmartScreen protection, did you tried disabling those filters and running GLB Editor as admin (right mouse click, run as admin)? The last thing that comes to my mind is some OpenGL dll/drivers mismatch/issue but don't know how/which libs are used, some API debug tool would be usefully here.

Edit: Didn't specify that but, freshly compiled project on my PC loads jpgs properly, but that included *exe does not, and also it has different file size than exe compiled on my pc.. hm..

Edit 2: After reinstalling GLBasic on Steam again with proper deleting it's directory I can confirm that it contains bug that doesn't allow to load JPG files. I've use WinMerge to seek for differences in files between this version and known working version, and the only differences are in 'libGLBasicWin32.a' and 'libGLBasicWin64.a' files. Current Steam version does produce smaller *exe files like ~100kb, don't have current GLB source so can't check what's causing the issue.
For a temporary fix, use attached libs from working version, I think that they should be same version as those Steam ones, yet those are precompiled by me and contain GETNUMJOYSTICKS fix.

Qedo

Perfect dreamerman as you indicated I replaced the files
..\Steam\steamapps\common\GLBasic_SDK\Compiler\platform\Win32\lib\libGLBasicWin32.a
..\Steam\steamapps\common\GLBasic_SDK\Compiler\platform\Win64\lib\libGLBasicWin64.a
and everything works fine  :enc:
thank you so much

PS it should be the case that Gernot or whoever corrected the installation of GlBasic from Steam

Kitty Hello

did you push the GETNUMJOYSTICKS fix to the git repository?

spacefractal

there is a know bug in years as glbasic does not property read some compression of jpg. Im saw that too in my own game and just changed them to uses png or uses different compression. This is what im remember.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

dreamerman

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2024-Jun-24did you push the GETNUMJOYSTICKS fix to the git repository?
Sorry for delay and no, I didn't push it as I was also testing some other things, so didn't want to make a mess, but I've sent changed parts of source code to you in PM at that time. Since then I switched my main pc device several times, and don't have git configured atm, but still have that fixed code somewhere if you wont find it in PM's.